Introduction to Sensory Processing Disorders (SPD)
Exploring Sensory Processing Issues In Children and Adolescents
Issues with sensory processing can often remain masked early in a child’s life and the symptoms labeled by doctors as something they’ll grow out of or something behavioral that they will adjust to with time and parental boundaries. The truth is symptoms of over-sensitivity, under-sensitivity and poor self-regulation can be related to a challenged sensory system that needs tending to in order to help it wire together more effectively in the nervous system to increase organization and self-regulation and decrease maladaptive coping strategies.
Join us for this 4-Week Series
From 7:00-8:30 pm
Investment $200 per family
This 4-week series will include:
- Introduction to the components of our sensory systems
- Understanding the three types of SPD
- Assessment and treatment resources
- Distinguishing SPD from behavior and other mental health diagnosis
- Co-occurring mental health issues
- Approaches to parenting a child with SPD
- Resources and activities to build trust and resilience and manage behaviors
Those who take the Introduction to Sensory Processing Disorders will be eligible to join an on-going monthly parent support group for caregivers of children with sensory processing issues.
Sign Up Today!