Child Counseling San Ramon
We all worry about our children and wonder how the measure up to their peers. If you’re concerned about extensive behavioral issues or trauma, Treehouse Family Counseling Services, PC may be able to help. By offering child counseling in San Ramon, Treehouse is an expert when it comes to the many nuances of childhood mental capacity.
We know full well that you’re not likely to be enthusiastic about seeking child counseling in San Ramon. Therapy can bring a social stigma that many are neither prepared for nor comfortable with. Sometimes, however, the absolute best thing you can do is give your child a fighting chance. You are not a ‘bad parent’ and you have not ‘failed.’ Most importantly, you are not alone.
Here are some common reasons for parents to seek counseling for their children:
- developmental delays in speech, language, or toilet training
- learning or attention problems (such as ADHD)
- behavioral problems (such as excessive anger, acting out, bedwetting or eating disorders)
- a significant drop in grades, particularly if your child normally maintains high grades
- episodes of sadness, tearfulness, or depression
- social withdrawal or isolation
- being the victim of bullying or bullying other children
- decreased interest in previously enjoyed activities
- overly aggressive behavior (such as biting, kicking, or hitting)
- sudden changes in appetite (particularly in adolescents)
- insomnia or increased sleepiness
- excessive school absenteeism or tardiness
- mood swings (e.g., happy one minute, upset the next)
- development of or an increase in physical complaints (such as headache, stomachache, or not feeling well) despite a normal physical exam by your doctor
- management of a serious, acute, or chronic illness
- signs of alcohol, drug, or other substance use (such as solvents or prescription drug abuse)
- problems in transitions (following separation, divorce, or relocation)
- bereavement issues
- custody evaluations
- sexual, physical, or emotional abuse or other traumatic events
Remember, you are not alone if you are seeking child counseling in San Ramon. Treehouse Family Counseling Services, PC has over 20 years of experience in providing the best in comprehensive therapeutic care to children, teens, adults, couples, and families alike.
If you’re ready to get your child into counseling in San Ramon, call Treehouse Family Counseling Services, PC at 925-820-8447 today to schedule a consultation.